Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 18, 2010

vbac??

I've been doing a lot of thinking as to how I want this pregnancy to go. Quit honestly, I'm not really sure. My doctor says I have the option to do a vaginal birth if I choose but it would be a bit of a hassel. Hence my dilema. If I choose to do a vbac, I would go the full 9 months until I went into labor where I would then drive to the Sierra Vista Hospital and THEN they would transport me to tucson. It just seems like to much and one big inconvenience for me and any family who choose to come and spend some time with Vance and I.

Vance says to just do the c-section because it would be scheduled which obviously would make things easy. However, the recovery is another story.

So, here is a list of PRO's and CON's that I can think of off the top of my head.

VBAC:
pro's:
-the experiance of that type of delivery
-a speedy recovery
-being able to hold my babe that minute
-it's something that I would really want
-80% of having a successful delivery

con's:
-the 2 hour drive to tucson
-the 20% chance of it being another c-section
-where would family stay?
-again, the drive (Ugh, the drive!)

C-SECTION:
pro's:
- it's scheduled a week in advance
-only a 25 minute drive to hospital
-easier for family visitors
-it's quick and easy
-Vance likes it this way
-again, I really like that it would be scheduled and I don't have to wait tell labor


con's:
-it's a manditory stay in the hospital for 2 days
-recovery is long and MISERABLE
-I don't get to hold my babe right away
-It's not the experience I have always dremped it would be

Questions I have:

Do things go back to normal "down there"? (I worry about that. So does Vance)
Will I be peeing my pants after birth because of all the stretching?
What is recovery like after a vaginal birth?
I here horror stories of taring. Would someone be willing to explain?
What would you do if you were in my shoes?
I would want an epidural. Could that cause problems for a successful vbac?

So, just to recap. If I choose to do a vbac, that means only an 80% chance of success, 25 minute drive to the first hospital then another hour and half drive to tucson hospital. (A place I wouldn't be familiar with.) No place for family to stay in tucson. It would be a bit stressful.

If I stick with c-section, I know what to expect, it's scheduled, would be a short drive, there's a place for family to stay. Not to mention, I wouldn't have to worry about Vance not making it because of work. Unfortunalty, recovery is hard. In all honesty, it would be the easier way.

I would love the feed back!! CALLING all vbac women and women who have been blessed with a vaginal delivery! PLEASE guide me, counsel me, advise me, ETC. I understand leaving your response in "comments" may not be ideal so here is my email for those who are willing to share with me there experience.
vh_smith@msn.com

P.S. Don't be shy

Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Missy said...

I will e-mail you!