Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, July 28, 2012

It rained toads




It's one of my favorite times of year here in Arizona. Monsoon season! I love sunshine, especially in California. But the storms here at home are so rejuvenating. And I definitely needed it today. 

I don't really know what's wrong. I think I now have a pretty good idea after doing some reading. But, I couldn't get out of bed this morning. It's usually like that most mornings. I was so tired with an unusual headache (which is nothing new) but it was to the extreme today. Go figure I had to feel crappy while Mr. S is away. So, today didn't start out well for me.

Most of the day was sluggish and my poor kids suffered because of me. Finally, the wind rolled the clouds in and it pored. Once the rain settle down to a light sprinkle, I opened the back door and let the kids play. I started feeling better. So much in fact that I went to the garage and got my trimmer and trimmed my trees in the yard. While the kids and I were outside we could here a noise and it didn't take long at all to figure out that they were frogs! That noise brought back some very fun childhood memories for me so I got an idea.

To make it up to the kids for the bad day mommy was having, we went out behind our house near the road to go toad hunting. It was so exciting! Gem and Vance loved it. Unfortunately the toads here in southern AZ are poisonous so we couldn't catch any. Which Gemma about had a melt down over.



Following the noise of the toads. They were getting close.


 We found 6 of these poisonous toads. It was a very nice evening for the 3 of us. The kids are zonked and I'm enjoying the piece and quiet.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I think it's the monsoons that make these summers bearable! Hunting for frogs sounds like a blast! My kids would love that.