Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th of July family reunion continued

The days after the 4th were spent just chill'n at Davids and Kristines. (Thanks BTW) The kids loved their chickens and stray kitten. They tried to convince me to take the cat home. Um, no thanks. Not that I'm a cat hater, I'd just prefer to take home a fat lazy cat that just wants to be snuggled. Oh, and I hate litter boxes. 

My Dad made awesome food while we were all together. No surprise there since he is an amazing cook. (I did not get that gene.) And my parents pretty much spoiled my kiddos. Bubbs got a bike bell and helmet which is too small for him. Not the helmets fault, Vance just has a large head. Gemma got a hello kitty bike which she had picked out herself weeks prior. 

The day before everyone headed for home, the kids road there bikes and then we drove up to dry wash for a dip. I have no idea why, (ricky), because it was cloudy, rainy and freezing cold up there. I was totally surprised that Gem braved the cold water. She loves water but she hates being cold. Not this day I guess. Ricky was the only adult to get in the water with the kids. We definitely had some small town fun.





Poor guy kept getting in trouble for wandering into places he shouldn't. Plus he wanted to play with that stray kitten so badly.




Uncle Rick braved the freezing cold water with the littles.



What's a family reunion without some wounds. Nobody noticed, not even Bubbs himself that he had been sliced by the fence. It wasn't bad at all. The blood makes it look worse than it actually was.


I want a swing in my tree now. Not sure if I have any good strong branches though. 

Overall, it was a great quick little trip and we are glad to be home. We missed Mr. S a lot.




No comments: