Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 3, 2010

the day of

Mine and Bubba's morning started very early. Because he was hungry and I couldn't nurse him, he was a sad boy. I didn't want to wake up Vance, G and my FIL so at 2:30 am, Bubb's and I went out to the sitting room where he slept on my chest and I was left to my thoughts. Though I was tired, I enjoyed the quiet alone time I had with my son before the big operation.

Once the clock said 5:00 am, I went in to wake everyone up to get ready to go to the hospital. Check in was at 5:45 am, we sat and waited for only a short time, then a nurse called little V's name and we headed back to get him dressed into his ultra cute green gown & answer a few questions. Finally, at about 6:45 am, the Anethesiologist came and took Bubb's out of my arms and that was the last time I held him in my arms that day. My throat became tight, my eyes a little glossy but I mustered all the strenght I had not to cry.

The waiting began. Everyone (my parents, FIL, G, and Vance) headed up to the 6th floor lobby and we waited


and waited


and waited

and waited


and waited.

During this time, one of the nurses in the operating room would call my cell phone to update us on everything and let us know what it was they were doing. It was wonderful! It made waiting a little easier.

The last call came. They said they were on there way up and that I needed to get ready to give him kisses as they passed by. I was relieved. I was so excited and when they wheeled him on by, I wanted so badly to hold him in my arms. It was hard knowing that I wouldn't be able to for quit some time. But he looked peaceful and that gave me comfort.

Once he was situated in his room, they let us come on back to see him. The docs and nurses were everywhere in his room making sure the equipement was set up and that my sweet boy was comfortable.


My heart hurt for him and his situation. It was so great to be with my boy though. He came roll'n in after surgery at about 2:30 pm and I stayed at the hospital until later that evening when we all left to take Gemma swimming. She had a blast and acted in ways that I have never seen before. She was crack'n me up the entire time. I just love her!


After our moment of fun and laughter, something I think we all needed during this emotional time, we headed to bed to begin the road to V's recovery.

2 comments:

Lorel said...

Heather you amaze me! Wild Horses could not have drug or dad and I from that hospital. We are so glad that along with Gemma Dad and I were by your side during the great wait and when they brought that little man of our out of surgery. Thank You for letting us share this with you. You are a stronger woman because of what you have endured alone and silently in your heart. We love you so much.

Juli said...

You are so amazing. You look so put together (and your hair looks absolutely fabulous)and calm. Can't wait until I can meet him!