Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Homework

A long, long time ago... December 10th 2003 to be exact, I had a homework assignment to write a sonnet which is a type of poem I guess. I loved my English class but whenever we had to write a poem and be creative I just had a hard time doing it. I could come up with great ideas of what I would want to say, but the creative words and the flow just was not my specialty. So, of course, the night before it was due (which was pretty late) my Aunt Nettie showed up at my house and noticed what I was doing and stayed late that night to help me out. Here is that sonnet we wrote together. Thanks Nettie!!

To the Stars

I see you so far above the clouds
It seems that you are unreachable
You have me sometimes wondering out loud
About you, I hope I'm teachable
I wish somehow that I could reach for you
It's said that you and Heaven are the same
If that's true, you could reach for me too
You would certainly know me by name
So sweetly your light dances down to earth
Like a loving parent, watchful keeping
From where you gaze, you see the lost soul's worth
And at each death, silently you're weeping
If thoughts could take me skyward, ascending
I'd live with you there, peace never-ending

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow, I love it. Isn't it neat to find things we did years ago and appreciate them in a whole new light? You guys created a beautiful, sweet piece.