Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

he's a boy indeed, indeed!


I'm a firm believer in the fact that not only what's between my sons legs makes him a boy, but also the way he is chemically wired screams "I'm a boy, here me ROAR!". Does that make sense? So the media and the world can shove it when they try and tell me that my child doesn't know what he is yet. Anyway, i could go on and on about this little rant, but this isn't quit what this post is about.

It's about the new craze this little guy is in. Which to me is ALL boy.

BUGS!!

I hate them. I hate when I have to kill them when the hubs isn't home. AND I hate, that my son loves them.

I had a friend of mine over the other day and vance comes running in, "Mommy mommy a bug a bug!" What was in his hand makes me wanna vomit just a little bit. It was the cutest little dead cockroach you ever did see. And the way he was holding it, you would think he thought the same thing. You know how ya hold a little pet mouse? When you gently wrap your hand around it's entire body letting its little fuzzy head peak out the top? That's exactly how I'd say he was holding it.

He's VERY good at spotting the bugs in our house too. I don't know how he finds them and i'd bet they're wondering the same thing.

When we go to church we try to avoid the ants at all cost because if we don't, we would miss sacrament just trying to get Vance inside the building.

I don't know why, but we have a huge fly problem. We open the back door once to go out to play and there will be 20+ flys rushing inside my house. As I type I feel like a horse being pestered by them stink'n flys. It's enough to make you wanna cus. Vance however, is so completely fascinated by them all. I caught him in the window the other day poking the dead ones with his pointer finger and every time one stuck to that little finger he'd come show me. Today though, when he was caught again in the window, I noticed a little wing on his upper chest. Then I looked up at his face and noticed some cute itty bitty legs on his lips. I looked at him with a kind of "why..." look on my face and asked, "Did you eat the dead flys in the window?" And with that cute face he looked at me and nodded yes as he sad, "uh-ha." So of course I asked, "Did they taste good?" and he nodded and said, "uh-ha."

I have a feeling there will be many more adventures with this kid, that I'll probably never be ready for, as most mothers with little boys have experienced. But he keeps me on my toes and teaches me a lot. I love him.

He is ALL boy indeed, indeed.





1 comment:

Missy said...

First off, I LOVE that picture! It's amazing! Secondly, I totally agree with you on the craziness of people thinking we can just "pick our gender" as we go along in life. Like a 4 or 5 year old can even comprehend what gender means and will mean in the future. My little guy is very much a boy, although he will wear his sisters shoes etc. It's amazing how they like boy things without you needing to encourage them. It's just part of who they are.