Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

"someone's poisened the water hole"



Vance and I really got into The Unit series and have recently finished watching them all. In one particular episode, the sprinklers and faucets start leaking a deadly gas and ends up killing a lot of people. Great episode and series! I recommend them to anyone!

Well, Vance came into the kitchen this evening after his shower getting ready for work and said, "Heather, you need to see something." I could tell he was perplexed and maybe a bit worried so I got up and went over to the sink where he was standing. After staring at the running water for a bit I finally asked him what it was he wanted me to see. He said, "Do ya see that?" Umm, nope. See what? He grabbed a glass cup and filled it with the running water. The water was white from the billions and billions of itty bitty bubbles (im assuming) and was fizzing like crazy. He held it up to my nose and it had a very strong chemical odor. Nope not the sulfur kind but the kind that your science teacher would probably make you where a mask during an expirement. Vance also mentioned it seemed to him that it was extra slippery feeling than normal.

He left for work shortly after showing me this situation with careful instructions to not drink the water or even let it run. I was feeling pretty happy that I had decided to buy water yesterday. I got the kids dressed and in bed and after giving my son his meds, I went into the bathroom to rinse his suringe and watched the water go down the drain. What the heck was that?! The water wasn't hot enough to be steaming. I switched it to cold water and bent down to get a closer look at the drain. Yep! I did in fact see what I thought I saw. As the water was draining, vapor came steaming up out of the drain. It emmediatly reminded me of the above mentioned episode or perhaps a job for Ghostbusters. Either way, tomorrow is a holiday so there's no fixing this until tuesday.

Can I at least safely shower or bathe my kids? Who knows. Luckily I have a pretty darn good friend who's offered up her house to us if we need some clean agua.

So, anyone have any idea what may be going on?

4 comments:

mindy said...

oh my gosh!! thats sooo weird! hope it gets fixed soon!!

Unknown said...

yuck. i'm sorry. i hope it can get fixed soon. but in the mean time.. come on over:)

Heather said...

So, I have a theory about his situation. My water is acting like carbonation. I haven't figured out the smell but it occasionally reminds me of the smell carbonated water has. The vapo reminds me of when you open a cold soda, the vapor that comes swirling out of the opening. I dont know. I think I'm gonna brave a shower today though. Maybe.

Unknown said...

EWWWW, I wouldn't use it for anything. That definitely needs to be checked out. Keep us posted.

Oh and hey, I didn't know lil Vance was on meds. Is this for his heart or an antibiotic or something?