Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 19, 2011

25 and feeling awckward

The last time I can remember feeling like this was in Junior high. I was a shy awckward gal because there lacked a certain important element. Oh yeah, self-esteem, confidence! I never was the pretty or popular one. I remember wishing so badly that I was. Was I fat? No. Did I have a rediculously ugly boy haircut? Nope. Hmmm, what could it have been? You know how older women wished they had there young plump healthy skin from when they were 12? Apparently my skin has reverted back to its younger days. And I dont mean in the young, healthy and plumpish way.

My lack of self-esteem stemmed from my big forehead and dare I say it, acne. Back then, I tried everything in the book. To my dismayed and depressed self, nothing worked and I unwillingly accepted my fate. I covered and covered that face of which I speak of with foundation, which I'm sure didn't help the issue but was a quick fix for hiding those horrible monsters.

Years went by and I entered my Senior year of High school. I had some self-esteem, a little confidence and was happy and didn't feel quit as ugly as before. What ever could be the reason? My skin decided to be my friend! I don't know what made it change its mind but it did and I was grateful! No more cover-up for this girl! Yeah, sure, I'd get a pimple every once and while but who doesn't. This wonderment continued through graduation, some college, a couple of years of marriage and then BAMB! I got prego and my hormones started throwing everything out of wack. I got the prego acne, which BTW I had no idea was even possible. You're always told about the glowing radiant skin. Mine was definitly non existent.

I gave birth a few weeks later my skin was clear and back to its healthy normal self. Well, I got prego again and delt with the very same thing AGAIN! This time, it seemed a lot worse but didn't last as long, thank goodness. Gave birth again, skin was still good. I had a few issues but nothing that lasted long. Non the less, I was pleased with my complection.

This past week I feel like that awckward 12 year old I once was. My skin has been acting funny only it aint that funny. My normal cleansing routine stoped working for me so I started something different and still nothing. Once again nothing's working! (and no im not prego.) I'm 25 and never in my dreams did I think I'd be dealing with such adolesent skin. I'm hoping this passes soon and can all be forgotten. Can we shoot for clear skin by Sunday? I've got a RS lesson and it would be my greatest wish right now. That's all I'm asking, a little compromise. I think there's been enough damage.

(Okay, enough of my ranting. Lets just pray things get clearer, eh.)

5 comments:

Amy J said...

Pretty sure I don't know what you are talking, you were beautiful in highschool and still are!

jack+alli said...

i agree with amy! you are beautiful! it's interesting to note how similar we all are on the inside- everyone has insecurities. and while we think it's so obvious to others, they usually have no clue. we are our own worst critics!
good luck with your RS lesson!!

Unknown said...

Maybe you are preggo again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great from my perspective, maybe not for you. And besides all that. you are beautiful because my son said he'd never marry someone who wasn't!! So there you go.

ps. I just read that if you dab some hand sanitizer on your acne it should disappear overnight. True or not, I have no clue but can't hurt to try.

love you

Juli said...

You are so beautiful inside and out! I know how annoying that can be though so I hope that things start looking up!

Lorel said...

Amen to all the above. You have been beautiful from day one. I know how frustrated you get when your skin does not do as you wish but remember one thing. YOU, MY DEAR ARE BEAUTIFUL. I am so glad that you are not pregnant at this time but do look forward when you are a mommy of three, but only when you are ready. I love you tons.