Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A whole lot of shinanigans

I miss the Phoenix area a great deal because that's where I did my growing up. So, whenever Vance has more than 3 days off, we usually head up there and enjoy the city life. This time around, Vance had a camping trip planned with his best friend Larry. I of course now had to figure out what my plans were going to be since all my friends work most of the day. Not having a whole lot of money, I was a bit limited. Well, I did what I always do when I have nothing else to do. I took Gemma to Freestone Park to play in the grass since we're lacking that down on the boarder. It didn't last very long due to the fact that it was miserably HOT! So, we quickly took off to Chandler Mall where we walked around and me wishing I could shop the place empty.
Once Vance's camping trip came to an end, we went out on a little family date and then hit the pool later that night. Sadly, Vance had to go home the next morning and I stayed to go to the Heaton Family Reunion. Gemma and I had so much fun. The weather was perfect and the sleeping corters were just as good. Every 2 years is my moms family reunion up at the Heaton Ranch in Kanab, Ut. It's abselutely gorgeous!There are two large ponds and it is tradition that eventually during your stay, you will be throne in. This year, the first person to be throne in and to crisson the new deck was one of my great great aunts who is in her 80's I believe and has one leg. I don't think she put up a fight. What a sport!
On the ride up, my cousin Joanna drove
so while Gemma ate her toes I slept. Something I don't do very often anymore. :(Gemma enjoyed the dirt and the feel of the grass between her toes. Oh, and lets not forget the swings. Once Grandma and Grandpa Winsor showed, she was snatched right out of my arms. I have to be honest, I was happy for that. My arms need a break every now and again. Along with them came my sister Mykin and brother Thomas. (he's the one in the blue hat)There was also a secret surprise! A huge sucker just for Gemma! She was pretty exstatic by the whole thing. That sucker became her best friend. It slept with her and rolled around in the dirt with her. And no matter how dirty it got, it was still Gemma's #1 friend.Unfortunitly, at the end of the trip, I enjoyed Mr. Sucker too.Towards the end of our trip, I took Gemma to the Kanab water park. (yes, that's right, a water park in Kanab.) She loves water but hasn't really gotten the chance to really play in it. She loved it and the water was freezing but it didn't faze her one bit. Her mother on the other hand had to suck it up.

On our way back to the ranch, we stopped to see the elk farm. I kind of feel bad for these guys.


All fun trips have to come to an end and i was missing Vance terribly. So Gemma and I said our goodby's and headed out on a long trip home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gemma has gotten so big!! We miss you guys so much. Hope you can come out again some time. Love you guys!
Love Emma & Kaydee

Unknown said...

I love the video. I really want to hold her. I just told the kids I want to leave a comment and when I started to I said, oh, I already did. But no I didn't. love you guys.

mom

Unknown said...

Gemma is so cute!!
Love Makenzie & Janai