Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Needed advice

I'm failing hugely at my "Just Do It" goals. My impatients have gotten the best of me the past few days. I'd like to apologize to Gemma and Vance and say, "I'll try harder." I do however feel like I need a break to rest and reguvinate. What I'd really like to do is have a weekend up in Phoenix where I don't have to worry about my little girl and hubby and just take care of me. Am I being too selfish? I don't know if it will happen but I do need to figure something out to where I can have a time out to myself. I did learn something that I've known all along but apparently forgot and I'd like to share:

I had a discussion with a very wise man the other night when my feelings were about to get the best of me. On this particular night I was feeling very discouraged and I wasn't really sure why. This emotion had been dragging me down all day to the point where I wanted to just break down and cry. Anyone else ever feel like this? Please say yes. I called to talk to my mom but she was a bit busy but she had relayed the message to my Dad. After hanging up with her, just minutes later my dad calls. I forgot how wonderful my father is. I don't know why I didn't call him in the first place. He gave me some great advice. He said that I need to make every effort to get down on my knees every morning and night and thank Heavenly Father for the things I have. He also said that no matter how tuff things get, it's all about our attitude. My dad said if I do these things and keep a positive attitude, that life would be sweeter and more enjoyeable for everyone involved.

Often things can be hard and you wanna do the "poor me" thing and through a pitty party, I know I sure did (and sometimes still do) but, I know my dad is right. So, even if it kills me I'm gonna put his words to the test (knowing perfectly well what the result will be) as well as the words of our prophets and just be happier! Because not only will I benefit from it but so will my family and I really do have much to be happy for.

(Feels like I should say "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." doesn't it) But I wont. :)

3 comments:

Angee said...

We ALL have those days/weeks/months. Lol. I agree with your dad that it's all in the attitude! But if you do need a day of Heather time, call me up! We can have a girls day! It's only going to get more hectic when baby boy shows up. :) We'll have another night like when we watched 17 again! :) Just girls and TONS of fun! Love ya!

Joanna Brimhall said...

I second Angee's plan. Just come up for a visit and we'll have a blast! Maybe if you can't leave Gemma home, maybe Jared could watch her again like when we went to get pedicures.... I think this is a great idea!

Btw, I love your dad and I agree with him. Consistent conversations with your Heavenly Father can lighten your mood immediately. I know He does that for me on a regular basis.

Mari said...

Oh heather, your not alone. I feel this sometimes. I really love your dads reply. Its something i need to work on. Sometimes tho its good to cry and let it out. I find its kinda like the tears hold the nasty feelings inside, and when we let them go, the happy feelings take over.