Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

the real reason for August 1st

What I'm gonna say I say sincerely and hope that I don't offend, but I believe so many are missing the very reason why so many people went out in support of Chick-fil-a. This was not an anti-gay protest. The owner was asked what his beliefs are and he answered. He then was chastised for those beliefs by being told that he couldn't bring his business into the town and then important leaders and media told the public not to eat there. What if this was flipped? What if the owners were gay marriage supporters? What if the Mayor found out and said that they couldn't bring there franchise here because of there beliefs? Is not both situations of this story incredibly discriminating?


 Again I say that this was NOT AT ALL about anti-gays. It was about the First Amendment of the Constitution. The owner was in NO WAY incorporating his religion into his business. He NEVER said that he hated gays. He NEVER said he wouldn't serve gays. He DOES NOT have signs around his business saying that if you're gay we don't want your business. He isn't passing out bibles and telling his costumers you better believe what I believe or you don't get your chicken sandwich. I have to say the hypocrisy here is astounding. And a little shocked by the blindness of those who choose not to see what this was really all about. 


I would support any one whether they be gay, straight, black, white, etc if they were being discriminated against because of there beliefs and I think its safe to say that most everyone that were out supporting Chick-fil-a on wednesday would do the very same thing.


(Those who feel the need to comment, I ask that you refrain from vulgar and hateful statements. This is a family blog and not once have I been hateful towards you. Thank you)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I don't know how that was deleted... Anyway I totally agree with you! And the pics below are gorgeous!

Clorinda said...

I think the vast majority of those who supported the "Buycott" were there because they were outraged that political figures would use their positions to try to suppress the business of someone who said something deemed "unacceptable". Many may have agreed with Mr. Cathy but many did not agree with him, yet they stood by his right to say it.

Unknown said...

Way to tell it Heather. I agree.

Nettie said...

Post this on Facebook hedder. It's wonderful.