Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 17, 2011

first week of 2011

We started this new year with some sledding and birthdays up in Utah! I'd say that's a pretty great way to start. I wish I had some sledding pics to display 'cause I'd know they'd be a hoot but my my sweet boy takes the cake!


January 3rd I turned 25. Notice no exclamation mark. That's right folks, I'm not all that thrilled about it. I didn't think I'd be one of those people that got depressed and upset about the fact that they were getting older, but I think I just might have my midlife crisis at age 30 for sure. I think it has to do with the fact that your another year closer to DEATH. (Dun dun dunnnnn) Yes, DEATH freaks me out. And if I think about it too much, I just might get all choked up. I can't stand the thought of loosing those close to me who are getting up there in age. Let alone myself.

So, enough about me. My dearest Gemma turned 2 on January 6th and since we were still up in Utah, we had a very mini celebration. And because this girl is abselutely spoiled , she gets another hoopla with all her buddies this weekend. Have I told you lately that I can't believe that my baby is 2!?  Well I can't. It really feels like yesterday she was just born. "They grow fast." everyone says and they are right.


Her 2 year stats are as follows:
            Height- 34in
            Weight- 24lbs 4oz
She's a happy, sad, silly, angry, annoyed, frustrated, goofy, giggly girl. That's a woman for ya right? She loves talking, horses, her brother, Daddy, drawing, dogs, birds, cats, baby dolls, strollers, eating, the potty, light switches, toots, her blanky, grandparents, Mommy's clothes, baths, lotion, soap, brushing her teeth, wipeing her tooshie, movies, and I do believe the list could go on and on.








While we were up in Utah, we also took Gemma to her first movie! She LOVED it! And you guessed right, it was Tangled. Gemma laughed, danced and even fake cried when Rapunzel cried over Flynn Ryder when he was gonna die. ( sorry if I have ruined this movie in any way) It was the cutest!


Well, that was a fantastic first week of the new year!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i love it! happy birthday to you both. trust me, i may only be a year older but it gets more strange each year to say how old you are:)

ps... mack has G's shrit:)

Kaydee Smith said...

Love the pics. Happy Birthday Gemma! We love and miss you guys.

Unknown said...

What a pretty girl. I miss her so much. Love you all tons.

Juli said...

I hate getting older too. I will not like turning 30. Although, there are definitely perks with aging too like more stability, wisdom, know-how, and being done bearing children.

Nettie said...

you're just one of the greatest people I know, and I'm not kidding or throwing pretty phrases. You are high high high on my list. I love you.