Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Things I don't want to forget

It was kind of a rough morning today. Every morning is, really. But you and your brother just couldn't get along as I tried to get you all dressed and out the door for pre-school and park day. The car ride out was quit pleasant though. Thankfully.

As I pulled up in front of your school and helped you out of the car, for the first time ever, you were adamant about walking to your class ALL BY YOURSELF. As your mom, seeing you be so independent at the age of 4, I was totally broken hearted about it. Truth be told I don't want you to grow up. You are just too precious to me. All parents want their kids to grow up and be independent to take care of themselves and make good choices. And I love watching you learn and grow. But it's going to be bitter-sweet for me to see you grow into an independent, beautiful young lady whom I know without a doubt I will be so proud of.

You my dear sweet boy, say and do some of the cutest and funniest things. Just out of know where. As we drove your sister to school, the radio played, "Bringing Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake. In part of the song it says, "Are you ready?" Every time that was sung, you would reply, "I'm ready!" You couldn't see it, but I had the biggest smile. I love you for all the cute things you don't even realize you do.

As evening rolled around, the two of you helped me water the plants, and you Gemma girl, had the genius idea to sing to our flowers to help them grow. And you know what? I think it worked. I love you for your sweet and thoughtful acts you share with others. Always concerned for someone else. My heart melts with how amazing you and bubba are. I am one blessed momma.




No comments: