Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

is it a mom thing or what?

A few months ago my cousin propositioned me with an all expense paid trip minus half a plane ticket to NY! Of course I said you've got a deal. Who would pass something up like that?! I've always wanted to go and Vance has no desire what so ever to make it there , so why not?!

I purchased that darn ticket last night and I feel like im going to throw up. I have never left on my own personal mini vacay before. I feel guilty and selfish because we are trying to buy a house and other things; worried for my kids, husband and everything about the flight; undeserving because it makes me feel like a bad mom. The list goes on and on. I have asked Vance so many times if he's okay with me going. Of course he is. Pluse he too gets a week without kids in towe. Thanks Momma, btw.

A small part of me is really excited though! No responsibilities or obligations to anyone but myself for a whole week! I have forgotten what that feels like.

I did spend the $16 on insurance just in case my feelings get the best of me. I hope not but i usually lose when im shopping so who knows.


8 comments:

Rachel said...

Go! You will come back so refreshed and happy and a better mom because of it. You will love it!

Karen said...

Don't feel guilty! Just because you have a family doesn't mean that you have to stop being an individual. Have fun, miss them to pieces, and make great memories. Everyone (including you) will be just fine.

Unknown said...

Karen is totally right. You have a great time. The first time I left the kids was just last year. Last year!!!!! The first time. Dad and I went to a homeschool retreat and I LOVED it. I was thinking everything you are right now but when I was up and away from everything I had a BLAST and you will too. I only wish it were I taking the kids for a week. Dad is going to be bumming. He is wanting them around so, so bad.

Have a great time and be safe. Love you.

Lorel said...

Sis go!!!!!!!! You will love it, every second of it! I will love every second of it also. I can't wait to have the kids all to myself. Dad will be sad that he is not here but I will take pictures and send them to him. You know there are times that as mothers we need to be selfish and do something just for ourselves, exspecially mothers of young children and that is YOU!

Heather said...

Thanks ladies! this makes me feel loads better! Momma Smith I SO wish you live closer so I could send them your way! And Mom, thanks a ton for taking them for a week for me!

Susan said...

Just last month I took a trip to visit family in AZ. I went by myself and it was wonderful. Enjoy every second!! You deserve it!!

Nettie said...

Heather, once a year I take off without the kids. I feel uneasy until I'm actually gone. I live it up...and a few times forgot I was a mom. Blog about it while you're away if you can, so you'll remember the wonderful experience - so the next time you have a chance to run away for a few days, you'll remember how beneficial it was. All these ladies are so right! Love you! Have fun and take a million pictures!

Lorel said...

Nettie, I am so glad Heather has you in her life!