Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"she what!?"

(TOOK PLACE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON)

I had missed 2 phone calls from my mom and didn't really think anything of it until Vance called and said that I really needed to get a hold of my mother. That it was very important. Of course I immediately new that it wasn't going to be good news so I called my mom.

She answered and told me that Mykin and Dad were in the hospital and that Mykin had been struck by lightning and Dad had been knocked out from the after shock. But that both seemed to be alright. My heart raced. I couldn't believe it. I wanted to know more but the doctors weren't letting anyone in to see my sister or dad.

A couple hours later, I talked to my mom and everything REALLY was alright. They both were able to go home late that night. Mykin has follow ups to check her heart, eyes, kidneys and hearing and my dad has been so emotional and overwhelmed over the incident that the doctor thinks it could be post traumatic stress so he is seeing a counselor at least once. 

My sister nearly lost her life. Im SO greatful to the power of the priesthood and my Heavenly Father.

Here's a picture of where the lightning entered Mykins body and traveled down her side.

Also her quick story of what happened.



Hi Everybody. i am sure you all herd what happend yesterday and i am sure there are many many different stories being told. But i will tell you the real story. Yesterday at about ten to four my dad was loading up all his horse stuff so he could go to bluff after he had dropped me off at work. So i was sitting in my suburbad waiting for my dad and i had realized that i had left my perfume in my green car so i stepped outside and grabbed the handle to my green car and as soon as i did i was struck on my left side directly inline with my heart. The percusion from the strike was so overpowering it had knocked my dad down and he had blacked out for a plit second. As soon as my dad could refocus he saw that i was layin on the ground next to the car so he rushed over and asked me if i was hit i looked up and said yes then that is when my eyes had rolled back into my head and i had stopped breathing. So my dad scooped me up and put me in the car and rushed me to the hospital. On our way my complection was becoming a lighter grey and my lips were turning a dark purple. My dad though he had witness me die. So when we arrived to the hospital and the nurses and doctors took me thats when i started to breath again but not very much and i woke up and started to scream and cry and i thought i was going to die was so scared. Luckly i had my cousin david and my brother rick give me a priestood blessing. Heavenly father was watching over me that day. i am very lucky to be here to tell my story and that i wish i can be a influence on other people. Please live everyday like it is your last. tell your parents, brothers and sisters aunts uncles or who ever that you love them. Dont take anything for granted. Life is very fragile. I know because I almost lost my life yesterday. Thank you for all your prayers they are greatly needed. I love you guys

7 comments:

mindy said...

tearing up here. the song that is on your blog is playing... & reading this story is insane! that picture...WOW! will that be there like a scar? never seen anything like it before! what a powerful reminder that each day is important and could possibly be our last! thank you for sharing the story!

Unknown said...

that still is so crazy! glad they are both okay!

jack+alli said...

oh my gosh, how terrifying! that looks so painful. i am so glad she is okay. what a story to tell from now on, though! crazy!

Allred's said...

(friends with Irene Hunt on FB, she shared your story with us) and wow, what a traumatic event and story, I am so glad you are alive and can live to re-tell your story. Your pic looks like it was so very painful, I hope you are feeling better soon.....

Traci said...

How scary! Thanks for sharing your story. So glad they are both ok. Definitely makes you look at life with a new perspective.

Juli said...

oh my goodness! what a blessing! i am seriously holding back tears. i just can't even believe it....

Kaydee Smith said...

I am so glad she is okay. I cant believe what happened.
It is such a blessing she is okay. We love you guys so much.