Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

g&v







I LOVE art. Anything artsy actually. I love sketching. It's been years so who knows if I'm any good still and maybe I'll post some things I've done. I also LOVE music. I can't even tell you how much I love it. I just wish I was better at it. (i just need to stop being a procrastinator) Music is and will always be my first love. Sorry babe. However, this post isn't about sketching or music.

Every so often I get an itch, and I mean a really BIG ITCH to snap some shots. More than just whipping out my little digital.

I don't know where it comes from but I think it started with my Aunt Nettie who always had a camera around ever since I can remember. And yes Nettie, you are good! I decided to take Photo 101 my junior year of highschool and LOVED every minute. The teacher not so much, but I thank her none the less. I believe it was that same year my parents got me this dinosaur of a camera for christmas.


Dont you love the hidden dust in the hard to reach places? I LOVE this camera. I would love something new and high tech more, but you learn to love what you got.

This itch has been dorment for a long time until my hottie of a sister in law became a pretty darn good photographer and inspired me to be more creative. You can click on her button to the right of your screen and up a few scrolls! I promise you wont be dissappointed.

I really dont know much. It's been quit a long time since my photo class but the basics I do know seem to work out for me just fine. However, trying to capture a good shot is EXTREMELY difficult with moving objects such as my kidos. I can't focus fast enough and out of the 24 frames I get in a roll of film, MAYBE one or two turn out.

I still love it though.

5 comments:

Nettie said...

First: I had NO idea that you loved music as much as you are expressing! I love that! I feel the same. Don't you just love the way these Paul Cardall Primary songs make you feel???

Second: I was so tempted to send you out the door with my camera the other day. I would have too, if I knew I could get another one before a year or two. I wish I could just give you everything to fill your creative-itches. You are talented! I can't believe how good you do having to use manual focus and FILM! Ick! I think Women need to create.

I love you so much!

Unknown said...

The pictures are great. And no matter what camera you use to snap those little ones with this grammy's gonna love it.

Juli said...

You are so sweet. You take amazing pictures and I can't wait to meet lil' Vance and re-meet beautiful Gemma.

Robyn Phillips said...

I didn't know you like to take pictures! These are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Lorel said...

I so love my amazing daughter. She IS my perfect example of grace and humility. If only every mother could have one just like her! I wish my heart could find the words to express how much I love her.