Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 31, 2010

Vance Gabriel Smith

was born May 28th at 10:33 am weighing in at 7lbs 15oz and 20in long. He is my pride and joy and I can't begin to tell you how much I love this little guy. His heart isn't doing to well. While I sit here at Tucson Medical Center he is being cared for over at University Medical Center awaiting heart surgery. It's been really hard to have him so far away from me but the nurses there are very sweet and update me on every little thing. Besides having VSD and a double outlet over the right ventrical, one of his arteries is to large and there is now a path way that has started to close up. Because of this pathway, he has been placed on medication to keep it from closing while he awaits surgery on Wednesday. I don't know how long surgery will be but what they will be doing is fixing that pathway and then placing a band on the artery that is to large. This band will prevent to much blood from getting to his lungs. After this procedure and he recovers, he should be able to come home for a few months (2 to 6 months) to grow and be loved on. Then he will go back in for his final surgery (hopefully), to repair the hole in his heart.

After the blessings of healing and comfort that my husband and father have given, I feel pretty confident that little Vance is going to be just fine. The doctors and nurses are also very confident and show no signs of concern. I know that he is in good hands and am so greatful for the time we live in where medical procedures have come a long way and in most cases, are second nature for these doctors.

I will be discharged some time tomorrow where I will then head home to pack a few more things and head back up to UMC to stay at the "Ronald Mcdonald" rooms with my little family and my mother. Because little Vance will have his own room after surgery, I even have the option to stay right with him in that room since there will be a bed and bathroom.

I wanna thank everyone who have prayed and cared for my little family. It has ment a lot! I also want my parents to know how much there help has ment to me during this time. They have gone above and beyond to make sure that I have had everything I need and they have cared for my little girl so that I can focus on me and my boy. My mom worked really hard at her job back home so that she'd be able spend at least a month here with me and I can't tell her enough how much I love her for it! I'm looking forward to spending this time with her. And to my dad, he would have jumped through fire to be here for me. Sadly, he doesn't get to stay nearly as long, but I'm so thrilled that he made it down. And I thank him for letting my mom stay so long because I know he will miss her terribly. I know that he wouldn't want it any other way.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I do have plenty I just haven't downloaded them yet. They will be on here soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, you are the best. Everything will be all right.
we love you and are thinking of all of you, and sending our prayers your way.give both of those little ones a hug for Aunt Ruth.

jack+alli said...

congratulations on your little boy; my prayers will continue to be with your family. he's a fighter. i can't wait to see pictures of him :)

Kaydee Smith said...

Hey Heather, I hope everything will go great in the surgery. I hope and pray that he'll be strong. We'll all be praying. Love you.

Becky Thompson said...

Heather, Larry and I are keeping your precious family in our prayers too. We're in Canon City 2nd Ward with Vance/Elaine, Paul/Mary, Phil/Denise etc! I read Trisha's report Sunday and have been praying for you and wondering how things were going. Thanks for the update. Blessings to you all.

juli said...

Heather, you are the best! We love you and can't wait to see pics of little Vance!

Missy said...

Our prayers are going out to baby Vance and your family! I hope all goes well with the surgery and that you can get him home sooner then later. Keep us posted!

Gretchen Willmore said...

You are so strong Heather! You and baby Vance are in our prayers