Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 13, 2012

A mid-night snack


This night, I had been up in Mesa shooting a wedding while a good friend of mine watched my babes. I   finally picked them up and we didn't get home until after midnight. On the ride home my kids were trying to stay awake and telling me how hungry they were. I was so worn out and just wanted to go get into my bed. Instead, I took the opportunity to do something a little fun that I knew my kids would love. I picked all 3 of us up some good 'ol McDonalds. Who doesn't love a good midnight snack/meal?

We took our food home, watched some recorded Dora, and enjoyed the moment. 

When the end of the day rolls around, I'm always rushing to try and get my kids to bed so I can have a moment to breathe and just be alone. I discovered this night how much I actually love and enjoy just simply being with my kids. (That kind of sounds awful, but dont take it the wrong way.) My day is filled with screaming, crying, fighting, chasing, disciplining, an occasional good moment here and there, etc, etc. but it's overwhelming and it's hard.

That is why I love this moment. Everyone sat and ate, got along, laughed and talked, and my kids enjoyed each other and the moment. 

So, Im very grateful I stopped for a little midnight treat. I hope my kids will remember the little things such as this.

No comments: